Monday, June 21, 2010

Good Bye Toy Room

I don't want to admit that Tyler, Megan, and Emily are growing up faster than I would like. I know that when they were all really little, I couldn't wait for the day when there wouldn't be toddlers and messes in the house. And now we have reached another phase in our house, I'm a little sad. We have officially closed the toy room and it is in the process of becoming Megan's bedroom. I don't know how many times I have picked this room up in the past. We have meticulously counted Little People, organized dolls, and stacked books over and over. Now most of that is either boxed up, shipped to D.I. or passed on to other families.
These are the last official pictures of this room that I have loved when we had playgroup or other kids at the house and then hated when it came time to clean it. It has served its purpose well and was always hidden in the basement when I just didn't have time to get to the toys. Good-bye toys! When we finally finish the room remodel I will post those pictures of the transformation.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

The elimination of our toy room was a happy/sad day for me as well. I have never missed cleaning it, but I still miss the fun and creativity that took place down there! Hope you held on to the good stuff. Sooner than you think you will be able to pull it out for the next generation of Rich babies! With Rhett here I am glad I held on to a few things.
Have fun with Megan's room...can't wait to see what you do with it!