Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Tyler started his Birthday morning off with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. They stopped by and gave him the ever popular Lego set. What is a Birthday for Tyler without Legos?
We then headed out to breakfast with Mammy and Jeff. Tyler decided he actually eats breakfast foods better than lunch which was fine with all of us. We had a great breakfast and Tyler really did clean his plate for once. We then spent the rest of the afternoon letting Tyler pick out his presents. He is quite picky for a 10-year-old boy. He definitely did not want any clothes and decided on more Legos.
Due to the downpour of rain we moved his bar-b-que party into the house. With cousins and grandmas we celebrated and Tyler finally got to open more than just his one present from the morning.
This is the loot Tyler got. I would say he is definitely spoiled.

This year Tyler decided he wanted a store-bought cake instead of something I could make. He settled on the chocolate cake from Costco. I was a little sad that he has outgrown anything I could create. To top it all off when we got ready to serve the cake he told me he didn't really want any. (I did force some down him the next day). Tyler is getting so big. I can see he is growing up and becoming a strong and very smart young man. We so love Tyler and his analytical way in which he views the world and also his great organizational skills which keep all of us and our house on track. Happy 10th Birthday Tyler!



No comments: