
For Tyler's Birthday party this year with friends he wanted a mad scientist theme. Thanks to Aunt Margaret we were able to get real lab coats and goggles for the experiments.

We attempted tornadoes in bottles, we completed electrical circuits, made foil boats, made slime, and mixed food coloring with shaving cream and milk.

One of the highlights was the exploding Diet Coke and Mentos. It was especially cool in the rain.

We even concocted fake snow.

The snow looks real but was just really sticky white, sparkly gel. We were sure to send it home as party favors---along with the slime.

We then had spaghetti and cake to finish off the party. We had a lot of fun planning the party and I think I learned more about compounds and electricity than ever before. Even if the boys didn't learn anything, I hope they had fun mixing and making messes.
2 comments:
I'm quite impressed you had that many scientists over at your house.
You are such a great mom! It looks like the party was fantastic!
Post a Comment