Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NYC Here We Come!

With only one detour through the city of Philadelphia (don't ask how we wound up in Pennsylvania on our way from Virginia to Connecticutt), we made it to Grace, David, and Charlotte's house. Our detour made the 5 or 6 hour trip up more like 8---thank heavens for Red Box and portable DVD players and GPS and cell phones and.... With New York City only an hour train ride from Danny's house, Heather and I loaded 6 kids on the train and headed for the Big Apple. The train ride was fun for them to play and climb all over each other. I'm just glad I didn't have to drive for a little while. The best part was getting off the train at Grand Central Station. One man just looked at us with a stroller and what appeared to be a gaggle of kids and asked us right off where we were headed and how to get to the subway. We definitely looked foreign in New York City.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: