
While we were in Connecticutt we had Grace, David, Charlotte and Heather as our tourguides. We did actually see Danny for a little while at home and then went to the hospital to see where he is the chief. Is it possible that our younger brother is now a chief resident of oral surgery? I was pretty excited to see his picture on the wall and where he spends most of his time until next June.

After the hospital tour we headed to Yale. Tyler was convinced he wants to go to school there and Megan just said there was no way. I like that in the library the kids had no idea why there would be so many little drawers. I had forgotten that that is how we used to look up books before the computer. It did look very daunting compared to pushing a few buttons now.

The buildings and library are beautiful at Yale. Too bad the rest of the city is a little scary.



The one thing we noticed about the East Coast is the sheer numbers of people. After a bar-b-que at Danny's we headed to a fireworks show at a local park. We were crammed in there like sardines, but enjoyed a great show. The music was fun and it made the little Weber duck pond fireworks seem tame---both in fireworks and people.

We also got to roast marshmallows and light sparklers after the big show back at the house.

It was a fun way to kick off the holiday weekend and spend some time with cousins.

We had a great time up north.

In hindsight we should have flown out of New York, but had to drive back to Virginia for our trek home. I will say that I think I broke records coming from Danny's to Natalie's in 5 1/2 hours. We hit the interstate and only stopped once for gas. I think this picture of Emily on the plane says it all. We had a great time, but came home exhausted---it could also be we had to fly out at 6:00 am. Thanks to Natalie and Danny for their houses and letting us bombard for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment