Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010!

We started the day with a costumes on to show Grandmas and to pick up Chenelle.


We then went to Scary Hill to golf and do the other activities.

Tyler and Megan are pretty good golfers. Emily even improved over the course.

Tyler made me keep score so we could see who won. Of course, Wendell won us all.



After golfing the kids ran through a haymaze. They could see over the top so I'm not sure it was really that challenging.

They then tried their hands at batting.

Maybe with enough practice Megan will try for the school team again.

Tyler was actually pretty good batting right-handed considering he is a lefty. The kids finished their activities just in time for a rain storm.

The rain stopped at our house long enough to prepare for the big parade in our neighborhood.


Even with the heavy clouds many came to march in the parade.

After the parade there were doughnuts and juice for all at the park. By the way, Emily was supposed to be a witch and changed her mind the morning of Halloween. Luckily, we have a bin of costumes waiting for the chance to be used again.

The kids then ran home to eat before getting their haul. Nothing says Halloween more than a pumpkin shaped pizza.

It rained a little and was quite cold, but that didn't deter these kids from getting all the candy they could.

Megan with her first haul.

Emily with her goods. I prefer my tradition of passing out candy and watching a movie with Grandma and Mammy. I think I get the best deal. Wendell had to trudge through the rain and cold.

Emily was exhausted after collecting for almost 2 hours. That is a record for her. I severely underestimated her love of candy. I thought she would be back in 30 minutes.

Megan ended up with 7 pounds of candy. Way too much for Wendell's liking. After they made their haul they all came home and watched a movie on the projector and fell asleep. You have to love a holiday that celebrates chocolate.


















No comments: