Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Time is it?


It must be summertime. We always start the summer off with the Drive-In. What could be better than tons of food, lots of blankets, stacks of chairs, and good company? We went on the opening day of Night at the Museum and had to get there extra early to get a spot. With so much time on our hands we ate dinner, made multiple trips to the restroom, and watched the kids play football. I don't think any of us even care what movie we see, we just all enjoy the outdoor experience. I hope it is a tradition we can continue for a long time---even if we do get home at 1:30 am.



Summer also means water and the sandbox getting well used. After school on Friday, the kids decided it was "so hot" they needed to turn on the sprinklers and run through them. Well of course that just resulted in the sandbox becoming a mud pit. Tyler and Jordan rolled around in the wet sand until they were covered. Emily and Megan stayed far away from the mud and spent more time parading in their swimsuits. I guess boys will definitely be boys. Emily likes to sing that summer is the "time of their lives." To kids I couldn't agree more. Bring on the fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie w said...

you know you're a good mom when you can let your kids go ahead and have that much fun.

I know I would've been like uh, no you didn't just roll around in the mud. Go get cleaned up. :) Way to go you!