Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day!


It's always fun to see what gifts Megan, Tyler, & Emily have made in school for Mother's Day. Megan was very proud of her tissue flower that had a gardening tool as the "stem." She also made a card with a great poem in it that basically said I like to cook and always have a book. Maybe she really does know me.

Tyler made a beaded pin (that was unfortunately too small to show in a picture). He took tiny beads and put them on safety pins and then when all the beads were in a row it said, "I {heart} U." I was pretty impressed considering he has a man teacher at school and no parents were involved with the project. He also wrote that he is happy I make dinner and do the laundry. Nothing a mother loves to hear more than how wonderful she is at being a maid :).



Emily was proud that she made a tile with her handprint on it. Tyler and Megan had each made one in pre-school also and we were just waiting for her tile to complete the display. She was so excited for me to open it and brought it to me first thing that Sunday morning.

I loved all my gifts and am grateful that I can be a Mom. It's also nice to hear once in awhile that our kids do actually notice some of the things that go on in our house. I have always had a great example in my own mom to follow and am also grateful for all the other women in our lives. We are all blessed with great grandmas, aunts, and cousins.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: