Yes, Hollywood is a scary town. Probably the best part of the whole experience is the Disney Soda Fountain. It is an old-fashioned counter with really yummy ice cream. This time we decided to go for what is called "Mickey's Masterpiece." It was tons of ice cream and toppings around a giant Mickey hat. The waitress told us we would get a prize if we ate the entire thing. Well, the kids pulled out straws and everything to try to get the last of the ice cream.
The kids were fascinated by all the weird people walking the streets of Hollywood. They really liked the Homer Simpson dude in his underwear trying to get pictures with people---Only in California.
We did spend time looking at strange gift shops and then trying to find a wig shop. I'm not sure why that was a draw. Emily did tell me while we were walking that she wanted a wig because her "hair just looks horrible." I had to laugh when I thought of Emily actually wearing a wig to preschool. Luckily, the wigs were quite expensive and we found cheap t-shirts instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment