Friday, August 7, 2009

What's More American....

Than flags in our front yard and red, white, and blue outfits on the Fourth of July. After the parade the clouds looked a little ominous so we headed to the movie. Wendell, Tyler, Emily, and Grandpa Tom went and saw Earth (or World as Emily calls it) and Megan and I saw went to another theater. I think Wendell suggested the movie knowing it would be dark and cool---perfect nap conditions. Tyler and I were the only diehards who saw the ending of our movies.

Nothing is more American than a bar-b-que and sparklers on the 4th. In the evening we headed to Pleasant View for yummy food and our own fireworks spectacular.

We lit boxes and boxes of sparklers. I loved how far away from his body Tyler held his sparklers.

Emily liked to stay pretty much in one spot while her sparklers burned. After the sparklers we watched a few of the fountains and then ended the night watching the "real" fireworks of Pleasant View. We all had a great day and night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: