Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

On Friday we went to the open house of the Draper temple with Mammy and Grandma Grace. The handling of the crowds is like a well-oiled machine there. First we arrived at a church and waited maybe 20 minutes to watch a short video. Then we were taken by bus up to the temple. From the street we entered a maze of tents to get to the door of the temple. There were a ton of people, but we all managed to get through all the rooms in pretty good time. After we followed another maze of tents (heated of course) to a church next door for cookies and water. Emily dressed in her best dress for the temple and kept saying, "Ooh! This is so beautiful!"
We never actually got outside to get pictures of the temple---we were in too many tents. This is the best we could do. It really is a beautiful building.
Tyler and Megan were pretty happy with the cookies. Tyler loved the room with the animals painted on the walls and Megan was pretty impressed with everything. She was a little worried that the huge chandelier in the Celestial room would fall because it was spinning a little. Definitely our worrier.
These are the lines to get back on the buses to get to our cars. They could pack those buses to the doors. Even the wait to get to the church was only about 15 minutes.
It was a great night that I hope the kids will remember.




1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hello Michelle :)
What cute little ones you have! I so wish mine were still small! They just aren't as fun to photograph anymore! I usually just get the roll of the eyes or the back of their heads! I guess that's one of the joys of raising teenagers!
We are going to the Temple open house tomorrow! We are very excited! It looks so beautiful!
Anywhoo...cute blog-thanks for sharing! I'll have to add you to my list!
Loves!