Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blue & Gold Banquet

Our Blue and Gold Banquet was held on Feb. 18th. We served a ton of hot dogs and I shredded 40 lbs of bar-b-que pork. To say we had a ton of food left over was an understatement. I didn't feel so bad about the meet after I saw the potato salad another Mom made with 15 lbs of potatoes. At least no one went home hungry. This is a picture of Tyler's den. They definitely have a lot of energy, but we are able to get things done.
All of the boys carried in flags from all over the world. Tyler is always happy to help with the flag ceremonies as long as he doesn't have to say anything.
The boys then stood at attention guarding the flags. I'm not sure why they had to guard them other than the pack master simply forgot they were there. A parent finally had to ask if they could come and eat. At least they take their jobs serious.
Our den did a skit about a puppy in a box. Tyler and all the boys licked the box and thought it tasted good until another boy came back and said thanks for holding my puppy. Yes, a typical scout skit. I was happy that I just had to hold the microphone. Tyler was excited he actually earned 2 beads and a beltloop. He's hoping to get his wolf badge as soon as the weather warms up.



No comments: