
Emily had a Pilgrim party in Kindergarten just before Thanksgiving. She spent a lot of time making a hat and collar. I especially liked the bright colors and the butterfly that adorned the hat. They churned butter and helped make bread. She wore the outfit most of the day, but had to remove it the next school day for the native American costume.

Emily was quite proud of her "Native American" vest complete with papoose. I made the mistake of asking how the Indian party was and got quickly reprimanded that they weren't Indians. I guess even Kindergarten is politically correct now. They made popcorn and had lots of stories about living off the land. It was kind of funny that Tyler is learning about pioneers and came home the same day with a vest remarkably similar to the Native American vest.

I guess when there aren't stores around the pioneers learned a lot from the Native Americans, including fashion. The kids were set for Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment