Monday, December 28, 2009

Cubs & Chess

It seems like December went by in a flash because we had so much going on. Despite the parties, we still had pack meeting and cub scouts. The boys all got to paint an ornament at pack meeting. (Should I be so happy that most of them broke before they made it on the tree.)
Emily should officially be a wolf and a bear. She faithfully goes to all the den meetings and pack meetings. She never misses an activity and even does all the requirements. I don't think I could ask for a better assistant. Emily even will tell the boys to settle down when they get too wild.
Our other normal activity for the month was attending chess club at the school. Emily and Tyler have joined. Megan decided to join the running club. She doesn't have the patience the other 2 have. We're excited that Tyler is trying something a little social---well, that is if chess is considered a social event?.
Emily is just learning, but almost has the moves down. There are about 40 kids that show up twice a month before school to play. I guess the kids come by their nerdy-ways naturally. I'm actually helping with the math club at the school. Megan is just trying to distance herself from us as much as possible. Most of the time we are all so embarrassing to her. I can't wait for teenage years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: