
I think one of the best things about Christmas is all the fun traditions that are so a part of it. One of our favorites is the annual trip to Christmas Village. I love watching the kids peer in the windows just as I did when I was little.

There are now tons of little houses all decorated in every theme imaginable. Emily always loves the toy windows and Megan likes to check out the houses that have naughty and nice lists in them. She has yet to find her name on either. I guess that is both good and bad. Tyler just insists on seeing every house.

He laughed that I made him stand in front of the soldier. Tyler told me he has a thousand pictures like this. I just said it is part of the season to have pictures taken continually.

The snow on the ground made the visit extra fun for the kids. It has been a lot of years since we have had a white December.

Another fun tradition is getting together with my roommates from college each December. This year we added to the tradition by riding the Frontrunner down to Salt Lake. We caught up with Alee and family in Layton and enjoyed the ride to Temple Square.

Tyler just loves riding the train.

Tyler, Megan and Tyler along with the Roberts crew. We walked around lights and then headed into the Joseph Smith Building for dinner.

The lights were great!

This is my favorite view---this is really what Christmas is all about. A reminder that our families really are eternal.

After dinner, the kids exchanged small gifts and then the adults traded white elephants.

Riding home after enjoying another great part of Christmas.

Christmas would not be complete without the annual bowling party with all of Grandma Grace's family tree. The evening always starts with bowling. Luckily we all stink equally at the game.

Tyler and Emily were happy for the bumpers.

Megan actually did break the mold and has a pretty good game. She beat many of us---which really isn't saying much.

After bowling we always go back to a church for the white elephant game and food. This year only the kids got in on the "Little Star" story. The adults needed a break from the junk this year.

Tyler, Megan & Emily were proud of their "white elephant" treasures.

And then of course Emily had been waiting all night for a special visitor. I bet you can't guess who she had just spotted. Yes, Santa always makes an appearance.

Megan is always willing to get on his lap for the gift he brings.

Emily just loves sitting on Santa's lap.

Tyler can't decide if he is too old or not.

Santa is just too nice.

Tyler and the boys got Nerf guns from Santa this year. They had a great time playing while we cleaned everything up. I don't even remember not doing this party. This is definitely as much a part of Christmas as stockings.

We were lucky enough this year to even have Uncle Eddie make an appearance. That completed the party.

And then, finally, what is Christmas without a gingerbread house. It makes a mess, but because it is tradition we have to do it. Yes, traditions make the season great!
1 comment:
Hey, we might actually get to be to the roomie party next year!
Post a Comment