Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Emily!

We finally made it to November 8th. Our weekend of parties left me a little exhausted before her actual day arrived. Emily insisted on making her own cake just like Megan did. She did require a little more help, but did very well picking the colors, mixing the frosting, and spreading on the ice cream colors. I will admit I did the cone, but Emily pretty much did the rest.
The finished product. Quite a cute cake for a 6-year-old.
This is the Birthday girl. If you look close you will see the glitter and make-up in all it's glory. She looked like this, minus the crown, for church and told people she didn't even know that it was her Birthday. After church, she planned her dinner of taco ring and had Mammy, Grandma Grace, and Jeff over to enjoy it with her. To say she was excited is a huge understatement. The dinner didn't take as long to eat and clean up as we thought so we had to play games to entertain her before the other guests arrived. In fact, she was more wound up than most at the party had ever seen. When the cousins came she started by singing for everyone and then dancing. As Tyler said, "It was so embarrassing!"
She loved being in the spotlight and milked it for all it was worth. She was especially excited to get her Nintendo DS and the tinkerbell accessories for it. At least we have a year to recover before she plans her 7th Birthday. I love that Emily was so excited for her big day. Happy big 6, we are so grateful Emily is part of our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! The boys and Faith can't wait to see you next month.

Wendy said...

I think Emily did a great job on her cake! That sounds like a fun time. Its hard to believe she's six! :)
I decided to go private with my blog, but I don't have your email address. If you want to email me I will send you the invite. My email address is: mgwg1985@msn.com.
Loves!