Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halloween Parties-----

We had a busy month in October and it seems still. I had every intention of posting this weeks ago, but better late than never. Our first official party to wear costumes was the Ward party/carnival. No masks were allowed so we had to try out our make-up skills. I thought Tyler turned out pretty scary.
Emily donned her Barbie Fairytopia dress complete with the crown and high heels. She also wanted flowers painted on her cheeks to "look even more Barbieish." (Her words, not mine).

Megan was basically unrecognizable at the party with her get-up. Many people passed right by her and then did a double take. Her Frankenstein was unexpected.
After we ate and ate, the kids got to play tons of games put on by the Primary. Emily loved this cute Halloween Twister game. This is not her most lady-like pose.
Megan played the games, but is excited to be in Young Women's next year when she gets to help run the games. It's sad she's about outgrown being a kid.
I made 120 cookies again---which was half of last year. We still had some left, but not dozens and dozens like in the past. I need to remind myself next year that about 60 cookies will do and half the frosting.
Wendell dressed as a cowboy and the kids wouldn't let me dress in my witch costume. They told me I needed something different. Well, I think they were disappointed when all I came up with was a scrub shirt. I'll try harder next year.
Tyler, Emily, and Megan in all their glory.
Our next party was the traditional carving night with our friends. It just wouldn't be Halloween if we didn't try to have 10 kids crowd around our table trying to carve pumpkins.

We had seeds and goop all over. Luckily, the kids ar getting old enough that they can actually scoop out most of the pumpkins by themselves and even do some of the carving.
The best part was trying to decide what to carve.
The finished products turned out awesome.

Mindy brought cool stencils and this is a close-up of Megan's masterpiece.
The partying continued at school. Emily was a little disappointed in her first official Halloween party. She wanted to have it last longer and play more games. I told he maybe next year when the kids are a little older. She did make a cute bat.
Tyler's class had crafts and tons of games. His schedule was very full. They made Harry Potter wands and masks. Emily should have gone to his party.
The 6th graders really got into the games. That pumpkin they are kicking did end up as a smashed mess. I'm sad that this was Megan's last elementary party for Halloween. It was fun to help with this party, because the kids are able to actually play games and not need a million instructions.
Mammy's Halloween party was next. Soup in pumpkin rolls, caramel apples, chocolate, and oh yeah and pumpkin carving. Mammy went all out decorating with cool signs and of course her witches.

Megan tried to convince Jeff to carve, but he wouldn't give in. Tyler and Emily wore gloves and pronounced them the best things ever for cleaning a pumpkin. Tyler worked and worked on his pumpkin all by himself. He wanted to be able to say he carved it himself.
The finished products. Tyler did the skull, Emily the cat, and Megan that huge face. The black looking pumpkin is actually a zuchinni we carved. Lots of fun and great looking pumpkins. Now we were finally ready for the actual Halloween day.


















No comments: