
Emily has waited a long time to go to school with the "kids." I think I have also waited just as long, but now the day is here I'm feeling quite lost without Emily at home all day. She chose the morning session and got up bright and early on her first day----and the days that have followed. She is ready before Megan and Tyler every morning.

Emily carefully packed all of her supplies in her backpack and didn't even want me to walk her into her classroom the first day. I told her I had to much to her dismay. She told me, "I am big and know where to go." I will say it pulled on my heartstrings. I wasn't crying like some of the other mothers, but didn't skip out of the school like I did with Megan and Tyler :).

She looks so grown-up and has already talked to all the girls in her class and made friends. She gets frustrated with kids that don't listen to the teacher and loves that she gets homework. I think we're off to a great start. I hope her enthusiasm stays with her throughout her school career. It's great to see that because Emily is so excited, Megan and Tyler have a new found interest in school also. I love that Megan, Tyler, and Emily already see the importance of school. What good kids they are! (Yes, I'm bragging, but what else is a blog for?)
No comments:
Post a Comment