
Remember how we had weeping and wailing when Oreo passed on last year. Well, the novelty of a pet has worn off. I was in the school this past week and a mom handed me an invitation to a birthday for a boy in Tyler's class. I asked her what he wanted for his birthday and she mentioned he was hoping for a guinea pig. What luck! We had Shadow who no longer gets the care he once did. I was tired of being the caregiver to a pet that basically made the toyroom smell like a barn. I immediately volunteered our pet to a new home.

And so, Megan and Emily willingly sent Shadow to Tyler's classmate's house. They said it was o.k. because they knew he was going to a good home and we are now just the babysitters when they go on vacation. Basically, they want to see Shadow, but not care for him. All the way around it worked out. Megan and Emily can go visit and don't have to clean his cage or feed him or play with him or..... So long to a great pet while it lasted!
1 comment:
I'll never forget the uncontrollable weeping and wailing that occurred when Oreo died and needed to be replaced immediately!! Every Petco in the city knew of the fatality and cautiously presented their inventory for review. Shadow was the cutest by far. Hopefully Shadow will not live by himself in a basement but have interation from a family who wants him for the time being. Goodbye Shadow!!
Post a Comment