
Tyler is not usually the brave and daring type, so we were pleasantly surprised when he said "yes" to skiing with his friend Jaxon on Friday night. He used a pair of Jeff's old skis and tromped around the house in the boots the night before he went to get used to them. It was a father-son bonding outing with Wendell being the teacher.

This is a great picture just before the sun set over the valley. Wendell said Tyler tried the tow-rope about 3 times and then wanted to head to the lift. They actually made it up and down the hill about 12 times. There was a lot of falling, but Tyler loved it enough he wants to go back.

Tyler and Jaxon taking a break. We tried to find a helmet for Tyler to wear like Jaxon's, but apparently they aren't cheap like bike helmets. The cheapest I could find was about $60. We figured he probably wouldn't be going too fast yet to get a serious head injury. I guess we'll have to look into them more now that we know he likes the sport. I guess most kids on the slopes now wear them so they are quite fashionable despite the look.

I'm sure this was a familiar pose for the night. Wendell holding Tyler up on his skis. All in all they had a great time and Tyler is ready for his next lesson.
1 comment:
It looks like Tyler and Jaxon had a great time!! I know that Jaxon had a great time with Tyler there. Next time the girls will have to go!!
Post a Comment