Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pet Update!

This is our goldfish Peach. We got her---yes, Emily decided it is a girl, last May. Of course we were thinking we would have the whole fish experience over by the time school got out last year and that would satisfy the kids for awhile. Well, here she is still swimming. Tyler thought maybe she looked a little sick the other day so they took a picture as possibly the last one we would have. No luck! The water gets gross and still she hangs on. Emily suggested we do science experiments with her during scouts next week. I may just take her up on the suggestion. Hypothesis: "Where do you think fish go when we flush them down the toilet?"
Here is our other more beloved pet, Shadow. He has grown a ton in his record 5 months with us. I can't tell who loves him more---Megan or Emily. They faithfully take care of him and tell him they love him and to sleep tight every night. Tyler still has nothing to do with the thing other than to check and make sure it is still alive each day.
According to Emily this is our other pet, Chloe. Emily somehow gets Megan to act like a dog and even makes her eat like one. Who ever said 10-year-olds were smart? I think Megan is just doing this so she has leverage for something else with Emily later on.
When Megan has to do homework, Emily takes over as the resident dog. I guess the best part is they have no fur and are already potty-trained. Poor Emily, her life would be complete only if she had a Yorkie. Her words, not mine.
The bowls of food waiting for a sucker (I mean dog) to come along.





1 comment:

The Reno Donnelly's said...

I thought my kids were wierd. I guess having real dogs has kept any of them acting the part.