Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Grace!

Last night we celebrated Grandma's 85th Birthday. It was a nice dinner at Ruby River for everyone related to her over the age of 15---just the age to keep the great-grandchildren from showing up. We so enjoyed hearing all the wonderful comments about Grandma. I think my favorite quote of the evening came from a pillow Melissa gave to Grandma. It read, "Grandma's House--Where cousins go to become best friends." I couldn't agree more. I have to echo Mark's comments on his blog that most of my close friends are also family members. I know most of that reason is Grandma Grace. We all love her a ton. Her energy, support, and love is felt by all.
This is a picture of the "3 Beauts" as they are affectionately (or sarcastically---depending on who you are) called. I have to say I have a wonderful Mom and am blessed to have great aunts also.

1 comment:

HeatherB said...

This looks so nice...we wish we could have been there. I love the story about Tyler being afraid of something thinking he was sluffing. He is so funny!