Thursday, January 15, 2009

No School!

So after a long 2-week Christmas break I was more than ready for school to start on Monday the 5th. I woke up the kids a little early and started them getting ready when the phone rang. Tyler's teacher and then Megan's called to say a pipe had broken outside of the school and there was no water. That meant no school. A kid's dream and a mother's nightmare. Knowing we wouldn't last cleaning all day, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese. Can I just say this was the perfect day to go. It was Megan, Tyler, Emily and then a bunch of toddlers roaming the place. Tyler was worried when we pulled up knowing that every other kid in the state was in school. He told me I had to tell the workers that they really didn't have school and it was o.k. that they were there. Luckily one of the teachers from their school was buying pizza also so Tyler relaxed and had fun. I'm sure his apprehension of being out of school won't last his entire career--or maybe it will.

No comments: