Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily--Part I

We've officially hit a milestone. Emily wanted an all-girls party for the first time ever. She planned the entire party. She wanted dinner (gourmet chicken nuggets and tator tots), cupcakes, a snack bar, and a movie on the projector. The movie was Tinkerbell which may explain the lack of boys at the party. She invited 7 girls from her kindergarten class and the ward.
Her cupcakes had tinkerbell papers on them and had to be funfetti. I must say she knows what she wants. I like that she is still in her school uniform. All the other girls came dressed up and Emily didn't even think about changing. I hope her choice of clothing stays so easy.
Apparently when a girl turns 6, all the other girls pick out what they would actually want. This meant she got lots of stuffed animals and even more make-up. Yes, make-up. Emily was in heaven. Eyeshadow, lipgloss, and of course the ever popular blush and glitter all in convenient cases. Can I just say Emily has gone to town? She wears blush and eyeshadow to school and church. I guess I'm hoping if she uses enough of it, it will be gone soon.
The girls earned tickets throwing rings on soda bottles and then used the tickets to buy popcorn, drinks, and candy. After the purchasing, they all settled in to watch the movie. It really was an easy party and Tinkerbell was a hit! Happy Birthday Emily!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can I hire you for Haylie's party? She's already started planning. Jeesh!