

And so I'll try to recap our summer in the next few posts. We left the end of June to visit Virginia and the Fields. We flew into Baltimore and our first visit on vacation was Fort McHenry.

This was the fort that was bombed and the Star Spangled Banner was written while Francis Scott Key watched from a ship in the harbor.

It was an amazing fort. I think what I found amazing was the many miracles that occurred there in order for our country to become free.

Tyler enjoyed locking his sisters up in the stockade at the fort.

This is the bay where the British ships attacked the fort.

Tyler loved all the secret passages and underground tunnels.

After touring the fort in hundred degree weather we had to cool off. The Baltimore Harbor is very nice with of course a Hard Rock Cafe at the center. We really didn't care where we were as long as it had air conditioning. Did I mention when we left home the temperature was only 70 degrees and no humidity? This really was temperature shock to hit the 100% humidity.

We toured the Baltimore Harbor on a water taxi.

The kids saw lots of ships.

This was the first time the kids had seen the Atlantic Ocean that they could remember. Too bad there weren't beaches around for them.

On our way to Virginia we stopped at the Washington, D.C. temple. It really is beautiful and just appears on the freeway.

I think the missionaries there could tell we were from Utah. They didn't even ask us if we wanted to learn more. Between Tyler, Megan, and Emily and the Field kids we must have screamed member family already, not to mention we had capris and t-shirts on in the horrible heat.

That was just day 1 of our vacation. More is yet to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment