Monday, February 22, 2010

You Belong with Me!

A couple of Saturdays ago, Megan headed off with Wendell to ski and so Tyler spent the afternoon with Emily. Can I just say Tyler will probably make the best husband? He played Band Hero with Emily for hours. What is amazing about that is that Emily insisted on singing "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift over and over again. Tyler patiently loaded the song for her and then played the drums while Emily sang her heart out. I've decided there are moments in being a mother that you realize just how great your kids are. (Of course there are those days when you think just the opposite also.) All this was done after Tyler had tidied up the house and made everyone clean. Megan and Emily affectionately call Tyler, "Alice." As in Alice from the Brady Bunch. If you want your house organized, beds made, dishes done, tables cleared, counters wiped, blankets folded, stairs vacuumed, or things hidden, then you need to hire Tyler for the day. The best word to describe Tyler cleaning is to say he scurries through the house from room to room. That even includes Megan and Emily's room. I'm not sure how long this phase will last, but can I just say I am enjoying while it does last. And so, before the phase ends, if you would like to see our house clean---come quick!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: