Friday, February 12, 2010

What was that?

Emily came home from dance the other day excited that she had learned a new dance and the teacher had played a new song. Emily just loves singing and started singing the lyrics she had just learned. The basic chorus of the song is "Funky, Funky, Funky." Emily was missing the "n" sound in the word funky. Yes, the song quickly turned R-rated and we had to explain to Emily that that probably shouldn't be a song she sings, but just dances to. Oh, to be innocent and 6. I'm just grateful that even Tyler and Megan didn't see the problem with what Emily was singing. I wish I could bottle that innocence for a few more years. For now we will keep playing Taylor Swift over and over for Emily to sing to.

3 comments:

Julie w said...

hahahahahaha!!

The Reno Donnelly's said...

That is funny!

Angella and Eric said...

That just made me laugh out loud! That's awesome.