Thursday, June 30, 2011

Merit Badges


Tyler has now reached the age of 11. That means he can start working on merit badges. This week, Tyler and his friends Cade and Chandler, have been going every morning at 8:00 am to classes until noon. Yes, that is early in the summer, but with 3 of them it makes it a little more bearable.

They picked 3 badges that are hard to get and required and then of course they wanted a fun class. They chose golf. This meant that they have to play 18 holes before Friday.

I volunteered to take them yesterday to get started on 9 holes. I asked Chandler if he had ever been golfing before and he said he could do the whole thing in about an hour. I assumed a little longer, but never imagined we would be there 3 1/2 hours.

It was hilarious to watch 3 boys who really have no experience with golf, a mom who has no clue about golf, and Megan and Emily following behind. At one point, the boys even talked Megan into being the caddy.

Cade's grandpa Ben get the privilege of taking them on their final 9 holes this afternoon. Maybe he can give them a few pointers I wasn't. All I can say is here's to 1 merit badge down and 20 to go.




1 comment:

Wendy said...

You are a good mom, Michelle. If Mike can't go, I send Bridger to fend for himself on the course. He said he saw you guys there yesterday.
Anywhoo-glad to see you back. I've missed you!