This is the conversation between Megan and Emily:
Emily: I want to write to Mr. Obama because he has dark skin and he can get us a baby with dark skin.
Megan: Why, dark skin?
Emily: Because Mommy told me it was too expensive to get a baby from China and nobody gives away babies in America.
Megan: We could just adopt here.
Emily: Mommy told me it was too much money. (She then turns to me.) Mommy, what if we just get a teensier baby, then it wouldn't cost as much.
Megan: Yeah! We promise we will move downstairs and even share a room if we could just adopt a baby sister.
Emily: We'll just put write back Obama on our letter and he'll for sure give us a baby.
Well, I did actually mail the letter. Emily made me. I figured it will get "lost in the mail" and then their obsession with a baby will pass. For now Megan and Emily anxiously look for a reply in the mail each day and Emily has resorted to an imaginary baby sister. I guess that makes for invisible dirty diapers. It's a win-win.
2 comments:
Send Emily to visit us for a few days. She might decide three girls are too many!
That's hillarious!! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment