
The charter schools hold an Inspirations contest which is similar to the Reflections contest held in other schools. I was on the committee to help and the kids saw that they could win a medal if they won. Emily and Tyler were all over this. Megan, Tyler, and Emily decided the easiest way to get a medal would be to enter the photography category. Emily came in 3rd place with her entry. (By the way I wasn't involved in the judging.) Emily also entered the visual arts with a great picture she drew and ended up getting a ribbon for Honorable Mention. That was almost as cool as the medal to her.

I think she is trying to make her fellow Kindergarteners jealous by flaunting her medal. Maybe that is what it takes to get more to enter next year.

Megan won second place with her entry. The awards were given during a talent show and Megan was the co-host of the show. When she announced her own name as winning she just picked up her medal put it on and moved on with business. She did a great job as the MC. I think she loves to hear her voice in the microphone.

Tyler's entry won 3rd place and Megan got to hand him his medal and certificate. I think he was embarrassed it was his sister that presented it to him. Even with that aside, he finally has earned a medal that he can display in his room. Great job!

This is Emily's entry to describe the "Power of One."

Tyler thought a clock represented the "Power of One." He said just one inventor made a difference in time. Pretty good. I think they were just looking around the house for something easy to take a picture of.

This was Megan's entry. She said the light from just one lamp can light up an entire room.
1 comment:
Can't believe how big your kids have gotten. Wow time flies! Hope you are all doing well :)
Post a Comment