
As part of the curriculum for 4th grade, Tyler gets to learn state history. The teachers planned a field trip to visit "This is the Place" park and learn about the pioneers' life. I was lucky enough to be picked as a chaperone and got to hang out with Tyler for the day. I must say it was one of the best field trips I have been on. (It sure beats Megan's trip to the marshlands in 4th grade). We all got to learn about life in the mid-1800's. We visited the school house, the tin maker's house, and then finished with a square dance at the cultural hall. I loved being Tyler's dance partner, even though he didn't appreciate it that much.

After lunch we rode the train around the park.

They kids then got to pull handcarts around a short route. Even empty they were harder to pull than they all thought. Well, I guess I should say harder to stop than they all thought.

I actually learned things about our state history and enjoyed spending the day with Tyler and his classmates.
No comments:
Post a Comment