
On the tumbling floor Megan did really well and ended up with the Silver medal. She wasn't as thrilled with 2nd place but considering the tumble track was too short and had a dip in the middle, we were just grateful she didn't injure herself. She got 2nd in this event last year also so she has defended her title well.

Megan with her medals and Emily wishing they were hers.

While in Cedar City, Mammy and I ran the 5k. It is a beautiful race down the Cedar canyon along the river. The best part is it is downhill and the breeze from the canyon pretty much pushes you to the finish line. Mammy had won gold last year and came to reclaim her title. She was hoping for more competition in her age group this year, but much to our surprise all the old looking ladies in the race were actually younger---who would've guessed.

And so, Mammy defended her title well and got the gold again. We did look and even if she would have been in the age bracket below she still would have gotten a medal even racing against other women. I was happy that I beat my time of last year by a minute and a half---that is huge for me. I came in 7th, which wasn't too bad considering some of the fastest times overall came from my age group. I think every women age 30-39 must run all the time. It was the biggest group and some of the fastest. A fun time in Cedar City.
2 comments:
Way to go Mammy, what a star. Michelle I'm so impressed that you run past the end of your driveway, that's as far as I go. No wonder your daughter is so competitive.
Yay, Megan, Mammy and Michelle. What athletes you are!
Post a Comment